Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking to hire a Human Resources Analyst to join the APAC HR Team. The individual will have broad HR responsibilities in providing generalist support to the various business groups across the Tokyo office. In this capacity, the individual will work with the Tokyo HR Relationship Manager to assist in developing and implementing Human Resources strategies to support the business objectives of this group. The role will report to the Head of HR APAC based in Hong Kong with a dotted line report to the Tokyo HR Relationship Manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Take charge of key employee programs in the Tokyo office and in APAC, such as: DE&I, Wellbeing and Health, Business Networks and others
- Support yearly HR and HR related government sanctioned programs e.g. Stress Check, Health Checks or similar
- Support general employees and managers in managing the annual cyclical people processes including Mid-Year and Year-End Compensation Programs, Officership Promotions, Performance Management and Talent Reviews.
- Act as a resource to employees for questions, concerns, assist employees with career development, career progression as well as problem resolution
- Help with onboarding assimilation and development
- Assist with training and development; including coordination of existing training programs, hosting training and developing training needs as necessary.
- Support HR and Finance Specialists on compensation and benefit issues.
- Liaise with other HR colleagues in our global offices as well as Finance functions such as Global Mobility, Tax, Payroll, Benefits for day-to-day issues or project work.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of HR generalist and or administration experience working in a global organization. Financial Services or Professional services industries preferred.
- Strong proficiency in English and fluent Japanese.
- Knowledge and practice of employment and labor law to effectively manage and solve issues
- Strong relationship building skills
- Atrong active listening skills and empathy
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality, able to deal effectively with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate across global virtual teams and yet operate independently
- Have strong business acumen and keen interest to understand our clients' business
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
HR Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .