See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional to join their Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion Team to focus on initiatives for its Tokyo office. The team works with and through Human Resources to provide practical, relevant, and enduring talent development solutions for professionals, managers, and leaders globally. The role is based in Tokyo, working closely with regional colleagues and clients to align and implement both talent development and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and events to meet country, regional and global objectives.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners to face internal clients including Business Leaders and facilitate discussions to analyze training needs, recommend relevant, practical, and enduring talent development solutions, in line with key business goals , talent development model and key talent development data.
- Liaise with global and regional teams to implement global and regional Business Unit specific and Firm wide training initiatives for leadership, management skills and professional skills development.
- Deliver training programs in a limited capacity such as new hire orientation sessions and new graduates program.
- Designing, delivering and managing cross-divisional Diversity and Inclusion activities and projects in collaboration with HR Business Partners and Business Unit Stakeholders
- Partnering with the Campus and Experienced Talent Acquisition teams, on the delivery of cross-divisional and divisional diversity recruiting initiatives
- Manage vendors – be involved in the process of identifying, empaneling and assessing trainers for programs
- Communicate throughout HR talent development needs and trends
- Good working knowledge of, and experience in diversity, equality and belonging from both an academic and corporate/consulting perspective.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong communicator who can build solid relationships and influence collaborative outcomes.
- Ability to appropriately influence decision-makers and is resilient when challenged on difficult messages.
- English and Japanese bilingual, good facilitation and presentation skills in both language
- Proactive, enthusiastic and “hands on” approach.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborative with ability to work in partnership with various global, regional and local stakeholders across the business
8+ years working in a corporate environment
BA Degree required
Understanding of current issues and best practices in talent development and/or D&I space / passionate to learn global trend
Facilitation experience would be an advantage
Prior experience in supporting Diversity and Inclusion initiatives an advantage
Prior learning and development/organizational development consulting experience in financial services an advantage
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).