Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Japan Banks & Brokers , Vice President, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Japan Banks & Brokers sector team in Tokyo, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Equity Research team. Principal responsibilities include:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Be responsible for the specific analysis of individual companies and their equities within the Japan Banks sector (publishing reports, initiating sales calls and marketing investment opinions)
- Produce regular reports summarizing findings and predictions, as well as responsibility for the sector news flow and contributing to overall sector views/pieces
- Develop financial models and interpret data and analysis on market, economic and political events
- Develop strong relationships and have regular communications with the Equities sales force and traders, clients and companies' management
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members to build technical and soft skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 6 years of equity research experience covering Japan Banks and/or industrial sector stocks is preferred. Both sell-side and buy-side experiences welcome.
- Comparable/relevant business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Excellent modeling skills are required as well as a solid grounding in accounting/financial fundamentals
- Highly analytical thinker and writer
- Ability to respond quickly to changing situations is a must
- Well-developed commercial attitude and client marketing/relationship management skills
- Demonstrable time management and prioritization skills desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity