Foreign Exchange Operations Tokyo, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
An individual who is energetic, collaborative, proactive and works well within a team. FX Operations Tokyo works closely with FX Sales Tokyo to support their business. As part of FX Operations Tokyo, your primary responsibilities include timely and accurate execution of FX confirmations, settlement and regulatory reporting. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Foreign Exchange Operations Tokyo, Assistant Vice President you will
What we value
- Identify and act on opportunities for improvement
- Facilitate the integration of ideas and inputs from different sources
- Engage multiple stakeholders in assigned projects
- Demonstrate strong understanding of regional/regulatory requirements
- Implement controls when applicable to reduce risk
- Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached with varying amounts of information
- Take responsibility for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Use judgment, analysis, experience and wisdom to make decisions
- Perform other duties as required
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work quickly, prioritize work efficiently and respond in timely manner
- High ethical standards
- English (Intermediary, writing and communication)
- Japanese (Fluent, writing and communication)
- Good team member
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 - 6 years of experience or equivalent in financial services
- Basic knowledge of BOJ Net, SWIFT and FX Confirmations
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers