See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Role Profile
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Executive Secretary to provide executive support to the head of Japan Fixed Income division.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity and the successful candidate will need to take complete ownership of the role, provide a fast and efficient service, and build very strong global networks, both internally and externally. The team-player must be highly self-motivated, professional and able to self-manage and prioritize/complete work diligently under pressure in this client focused environment. Duties include:
- Exclusive control of meeting schedule and calendar management. Handle meeting conflicts & prioritization issues. Parties include but not limited to: internal and external senior individuals, government and regulatory bodies, corporations, MUFG/MUMSS.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, video conferences, breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Handle travel arrangements; coordinate out-of-town meeting schedules . Prepare itineraries, book venues, choose gift for clients, send flowers/thank you letter .
- Support VIP senior visitors from oversea offices on their logistics, client meeting arrangements, etc .
- Handle expense reports.
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications
- Maintain executive files and correspondent files. Handle executive paper mail and distribute pre-sort & prioritize, respond to simple, immediate requests.
- Translate Japanese letters, invitations, meeting summaries in Japanese to English
- Navigate Firm’s resources, interface with various Departments on behalf of executives to collect information, respond to requests, obtain services
- Assist with various ad hoc projects.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Extensive internal and some client liaising, maintaining relationships at senior level.
- Communicating with assistants in other areas, both Japan and globally, to schedule meetings and trips in conjunction.
- Interaction with potential clients of the Firm – meeting schedules, printing marketing packs/materials, greeting in reception and escorting professionally to MS meeting rooms – an important first impression for the prospect, and follow up with prospect admin team.
- Dealing efficiently and politely with requests from clients and other departments.
Skills required (essential)
- Exclusive control of senior executives’ calendars. Seeking further info for meetings that other departments have asked to be arranged. Ensuring senior executives are fully briefed.
- Coordinate calendar events for visiting members from other locations.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- 5+ years executive secretary experience
- Strong language skills (fluency in English and Japanese native), having bi-culture mentality, expert organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, as well as to follow up/manage ongoing projects/issues
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, positive team player. Excellent telephone etiquette
- Articulate/effective communicator (both oral and written) , strong proofreading skills.
- Strong in details and client service oriented
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Flexibility around daily work duties – ability to trouble shoot as needed
- General comfort with, and ability to, learn web-based management systems and applications (I.e. expense management, product ordering, scheduling, etc.)
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Mature personality, be able to stay calm under pressure
- Effectively work with other secretaries and other divisions
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).