Fixed Income Controller
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities,
investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career and place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
This role will cover the product control function in Fixed Income Division with a focus on Credit and Rates products.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Daily P&L production, attribution analysis, new trade review
- Month-end book close and new trade review.
- Assist in queries from various divisions, and stakeholders including Trading Desks, Market Risk, Operations, Valuation Review Group and Others
- Work closely with global counterparts and assist in miscellaneous projects
- Constantly look to improve our process through refinements and enhanced control metrics.
2+ years of relevant experience
- Able to multi-task effectively and manage deadlines
- Strong communication skills are essential due to the level of interaction with a wide range of MS groups
- Excellent investigative, problem solving, reconciliation and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of Fixed Income products
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills