Financial Data Associate, Press Desk (Japanese & Mandarin languages required)
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks including but not limited: Release press releases in timely manner after necessary verification, which contains ratings data and necessary disclosures, announcement, research-related press releases in timely manner and necessary verification. Review data and research updates, publishing ratings, research and press release templates and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support.
- Monitors designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests.
- Organizes work to meet deadlines and time sensitive requests/projects.
- Facilitates resolution to technical issues and/or more complex external inquiries with supervision by Senior Staffs.
- Track and monitor tasks and discrepancies
- Ensure quality of dissemination of research and thereby containing errors in ratings publication.
- Builds positive relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions.
- Promptly and efficiently escalates conflicts/problems/inconsistencies between press release and database.
- Able to identify and research issues and/or discrepancies with data and/or requests for follow up with the analyst.
- Resolves basic client inquiries (both internal and external clients).
- Demonstrates increasing awareness of procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements as it pertains to their job function by asking relevant questions.
- Liaison with Rating Teams and other Moody's departments (Legal, Compliance, Commercial, Communications, Information Technology, etc.) as required.
- Provide back-up coverage for designated associate in the event of absence and holidays to ensure seamless and global service to GMO clients.
- Willing to accept new challenges.
- Demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines.
- Contributes positively to the team even under pressure or when performing routine and/or administrative tasks.
- Places interest of the team above individual self-interest.
- Continue to develop broad based knowledge of financial instruments, terminology, and related business practices.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (E.g. Bachelor's degree)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive process with no error
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business concepts to a senior audience
- Strong administrator with excellent administrative skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Japanese, Mandarin and English languages required to support the regional team based in Tokyo and Hong Kong
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.