Finance and Lending Lawyer - Legal / Taxation / Compliance Tokyo - Japan
Asset finance lawyer to cover the finance and lending activities of the group in Japan currently conducted from the Tokyo branch of bank and a local subsidiary duly licensed to conduct aircraft finance. The role itself is situated in Tokyo.
Reporting to the Head of Legal in Japan, the successful candidate will provide legal advice for and will ensure the transaction management of matters in relation to:
- Syndicated and non-syndicated secured and unsecured loan documentation in Japan. The sectors covered by the business lines include asset finance (aircraft, shipping and real estate) and infrastructure and natural resources projects. The successful candidate will support the syndicate desk, and also the front and middle offices.
- Legal documentation entered into under or in connection with the above (including, in addition to facility documentation, security agreements; mandate letters; term sheets; commitment letters; letters of reliance; non-disclosure agreements); and ensuring their compliance with the group policies.
- Swaps linked to syndicated lending facilities as the case may arise.
The successful candidate will:
(i) coordinate with external counsel on the above as required during the life of a transaction, and with the Hong Kong office and Head Office in Paris as the need arises; and
(ii) handle transversal or ancillary issues that may arise in connection with the above.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Required Competencies/Qualifications
- Admitted to Japanese Bar (admission in a common law jurisdiction is a plus)
- Approximately 5-7 years' experience as a finance lawyer, ideally with previous in-house bank experience following private practice qualification
- Japanese language (both written and spoken) is essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a command of spoken and written English
- Creativity, team spirit and commitment
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Job code: 190007VO
Business unit: Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019