See job description for details
Your Team responsibilities
MSCI Analytics consultants are responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships for all Analytics and Risk Management products. Consultants are assigned clients within a given sales team territory, and work hand in glove with the sales team to achieve common commercial and client relationship/servicing objectives.
The consultant pro-actively manages the client relationship and ensures a high level of client experience and satisfaction. The objective is to ensure the client fully benefits from their subscription, which is achieved by developing a high-level understanding of the client needs and creating value as a Trusted Advisor. The consultant ensures the client maximizes the value of the products they have subscribed to and identify additional products that could further benefit the client in their investment and risk management process.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, users training and education, and client experience enhancing activities such as presenting at client workshops, seminars, and webinars. In this role, individuals will work very closely with sales, global client service, marketing, research and product management. What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Improving the year on year retention rate by ensuring a high level of client experience and satisfaction
• Detailed account planning, including engagement with all levels of client organization
• Responsible for delivering client education and product training
• Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
• Become a Trusted Advisor by applying both product and client expertise to pro-actively identify solutions/product usage that create value for the client - hence contributing directly to up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
• Provide thought-leadership by sharing best practices within the client community, and leading workshops and seminars
• Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap. Working with other teams (Marketing, Sales, Research, and Product Development) to ensure company is delivering relevant products
• Extensive visit to client sites Your skills and experience that will help you excel
• Strong team skills and emotional maturity, with proven ability for independent work and self-teaching
• Fluency in Japanese and English
• Superior communication skill both internally and externally to lead projects
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills. We expect this individual to have 1 - 3 years in a similar role (such as quantitative research/trading), and to have a deep and thorough understanding of risk models, optimization techniques, and performance attribution.
• Understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets, including over-the-counter securities and derivatives and exotic securities
• Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
• Bachelor's Degree required ideally from engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Masters Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Finance and/or PhD
• Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder or CMA
• Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, VBA or C# would be a plus How we'll support you
About MSCI and our teams:
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community. To all recruitment agencies:
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.