Economist (Fluency in Japanese required)
- Analyze data, contribute macroeconomic analysis to company publications; write recurring and original research articles for company and other research publications; substantively contribute to our website commentary by covering economic indicators, writing blogs, and writing detailed commentary pieces; and make presentations to clients and at Moody's and third party events in either Japanese or English. .
- Research responsibility including economic forecasting and analysis of countries, industries, and subnational economies with minimal assistance from product editor.
- Works independently to create original research reports on forward looking topics for publication in monthly products and as white papers.
- Acts as an expert for the economy of Japan and other APAC countries and their metro areas. Responsible for monthly macro forecasts and alternative scenarios for Japan, other APAC countries, and metro areas within those countries .
- Responsible for equation estimation and model building, working independently but with final review by senior staff.
- Able to lead a consulting project under direction of senior staff.
- Edit research conducted by other junior staff as necessary.
- Participates in occasional television, radio or print media interviews in areas of research expertise.
- Leads client teleconferences independently or jointly.
- Presents at client conferences jointly with senior staff.
- May occasionally travel for client meetings and presentations.
- May supervise an Associate Economist and/or Economist including day-to-day management and writing, and delivery of performance evaluations.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field; additional experience is beneficial -OR- Master's degree and four plus years' experience -OR- Bachelor's degree and ten plus years of experience.
- Experience with economic analysis, either international economics or macroeconomics, is required.
- Training in econometrics and knowledge of industry economics experience is required
- Must be a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others independently of daily supervision
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to supervise and train co-workers. Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Japanese and English required.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.