- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
ERS Sales Specialist
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo-to, JapanMoody's Analytics is a leading provider of risk and performance management software to the financial services industry.
We are seeking an experienced Solution Sales Executive to lead Enterprise Risk Management software sales for the Japan territory. The position is responsible for sales opportunity & territory management, sales strategy, and revenue generation related to the Moody's Analytics suite of Regulatory Compliance and Capital Management solutions, including Regulatory Capital calculation, Regulatory Reporting, and software and services related to stress-testing. .
This sales specialist position requires expertise in managing complex, solution sales cycles, and involves working closely with pre-sales staff. Sales specialists manage and drive the sales process through the sales cycle. The position and territory is a blend of active account management and new account development.
- Primary responsibility will be selling and maintaining new and existing client relationships through a strategic based approach in order to increase sales, and achieve set quarterly/yearly targets
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of the Moody's Analytics Enterprise Risk Management Software suite of products to potential and existing clients. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings and drafting proposals.
- Manage and coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and services information (RFIs and RFPs) from external parties, clients and prospects.
- Must develop deep, practical understanding of Moody's Analytics Enterprise Risk Management suite of products and services, with a focus on Regulatory Compliance and Capital Management solutions.
- Must be able to identify/recognize cross-selling opportunities for Moody's Analytics by asking relevant questions to extrapolate the necessary information. This will also be achieved through working with account generalists.
- Work closely in collaborating with teams to ensure high levels of client satisfactions in all client interaction including issue resolution.
- A bachelor degree is required. IT or business finance related discipline.
- The successful candidate will have 6+ years of successful selling experience within the Japan market, preferably to financial institutions. In particular, experience in selling to the Finance, Treasury or Risk Management groups within banks is a plus.
- Must have a basic IT understanding e.g. knowledge on platforms, databases, deployment.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Good understanding of credit, finance and risk management acquired either by advanced study or through industry experience a plus.
- Experience with managing a pipeline and forecasting capabilities.
- Ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell Moody's products
- Ability to work independently while also demonstrating excellent team-working skills
- High level of commitment, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, including listening skills
- Familiar with current computer applications (MS Office, Internet)
- Excellent relationship building, inter-personal and organizational skills are a prerequisite
- Fluent Japanese and proficiency in English (business level) and experience of working at MNCs
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.