Due Diligence Research Analyst, Japan
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
The Japan due diligence (DD) team conducts comprehensive and discreet due diligence investigations to identify and assess business and reputational risk issues involving potential clients, partners, and ven dors of Morgan Stanley. The Manager plays a vital role in all aspects of the production of DD reports. The Manager will conduct research in Japanese and English on companies and individuals, analyze the results of information collected, and prepare a written report in English to summarize results of findings. The Manager will also review the work of other team members to ensure appropriate quality and consistency are maintained. The Manager works under the Japan DD Director and will act as leader of the team when the Director is unavailable to ensure the delivery of high-quality, consistent reports timely delivered to internal clients.
The DD team works closely with the front line B usiness Units, Client On-Boarding teams, Financial Crimes Group, and Environmental Risk Officers in Japan, the Asia Pacific region, and globally.
- Independent production of due diligence background reports from start to finish.
- Conduct research in Japanese language.
- Write summary reports in English based on factual findings from open source desktop research (media and Internet, regulatory and litigation records, and company filings).
- Share expertise and best practices with colleagues, mentor new colleagues, and aid the development of others to the benefit of the team.
- Co ndu c t r e view of i n f o rm at i o n a n d s o u rces f or ac c u rac y , r e li a b ili t y, a n d r e l eva n c e i n assessi n g ris k .
- P rovi de responsive service to the Business Units and regularly update Japan DD ma nagement team on relevant findings and case related issues.
- Assist w i t h ad -h oc t as k s given b y t h e Japan DD m a n ag e me n t t e a.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, primarily in core Due Diligence in Japan/Asia.
- Excellent people and communication skills in a culturally diversified environment.
- Proficient in English and Japanese (written and spoken).
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of cases using source commentaries and field investigations.
- Advanced research and writing skills developed through study or employment in a field related to investigations, analysis/research, or intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively; able to analyze and synthesize large amount of information from disparate sources.
- Ability to present findings orally as well as in writing.
- Hands-on experience in desktop information retrieval and knowledge of online databases and da ta mining tools. Experience in retrieving/reviewing public records.
- Complies with relevant procedures and guidelines.
- Unders tanding of the current and developing business and political affairs in Japan and the Asia Pacific region.
- Good knowledge of regulatory frameworks related to Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer in the financial industry.
- Graduate from an internationally recognized university.
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering and/or Fraud Examination desirable