Dir. Institutional Sales- Japan
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
Using discretion and judgment, works with MFS-Japan Institutional Sales Team to strategically manage territory; places calls and meets with prospects to provide information about portfolio composition, relative performance and product design; and develops and maintains relationships to promote the sale of MFS products and the retention of MFS assets. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Works closely with Representative Director and the Managing Director of Institutional Sales to develop marketing strategy to manage assigned territory. Prepares necessary presentation materials based on composite data of MFS products. Serves existing clients of the assigned territory to maintain the clients and cross sell products. Submits reports to Representative Director.
- Works with pension consultants and financial consultants so they understand the nature of our funds, to whom they appeal, their performance, how they are sold, commission structure, load structure and the market strategy of the portfolio managers running the funds.
- Develops sales leads by applying advanced selling techniques and methods. Runs hypothetical illustrations and organizes sales proposals for large potential accounts.
- Documents and follows up on sales leads to meet assigned sales goals.
- Contacts assigned sales prospects to provide detailed information about MFS products and nurture opportunities to generate sales.
- Conducts conference calls with consultants and their clients to discuss MFS products.
- Utilizes strong communication and presentation skills and continuously updates sales presentations and communications.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or experience.
- Minimum of five years' industry experience in asset management, banking or investment banking.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication experience and expertise.
- Preferably have CMA (Certified Member of the Security Analysts Association of Japan, the counter party of US CFA in Japan).
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Widows application.
- A good fit to MFS culture.
- Global mindset and ability (and experience) of working in a global organization; leveraging and working in partnership/collaboration with internal stakeholders with the HQ and other regions.
- Willing to challenge status-quo and think outside the box to get the best solutions.
- Strong leadership to find and leverages opportunities with individuals outside one's immediate area or team for mutual benefit and MFS.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."