Developer - C#
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
We are seeking a GUI software developer (with 2+ years? experience) to join Morgan Stanley to assist with building solutions and providing services to our Institutional Securities, Rates Cash Technology team.
The role involves extensive interaction with business users, operations or support teams; therefore the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is essential. As a developer the candidate will be expected to code and deliver software as their primary responsibility.
- Custom development of C#/.NET/WPF GUI components, integrating with existing server components for pricing and trading
- Custom development of HTML5 components, integrating with existing kdb components for pricing and trading
- Active role in the design, development, testing and delivery of the overall system
- Build interface for controlling pricing and viewing risk more effectively, simplifying their controls for market-making and hedging.
- Deliver an integrated trader desktop across various Fixed Income sales and trading desks
- Strong, prior experience as a C#/.NET user interface developer.
- Composite Application Design, .NET (4.x), WPF/WinForms, LINQ, Rx
- User interface / user experience design
- Multi-threaded application development, handling rapidly changing data, e.g. price streams
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Highly motivated, results oriented and self sufficient
- Conversational Japanese skills will be huge plus.
- Fixed Income (Interest Rate Cash, Derivatives) knowledge
- HTML5 knowledge
- Exposure to Java would be good to have.