Data Engineering Lead
- Jul 19, 2021
- ¥17M to ¥20M
- English: Fluent
Team management role in dynamic startup that is handling huge amounts of user data Roles/Responsibilities
- Set up the mid- to long term vision for the company's data platform; how it's stored, accessed, used and secured.
- Manage a team of diverse engineers who are doing the ground work and assist them in finding the best ways to solve engineering problems.
- Collaborate with other teams including Product Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance to elicit needs and solidify business decision-making by providing access to the right data at the right time.
- Manage data exchange processes with technical partners.
- A BA or MA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in data warehouse design and architecture
- Strong hands-on skills in Java
- Team lead experience of a team of 5+ engineers
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Fluent English and intermediate Japanese or above
*Please note that you must be able to work legally in Japan in order to apply for this role Preferred skills
- Knowledge on finance or accounting, financial operations, data modelling and regulatory requirements for finance business in Japan
- Experience working in a startup environment
About our client
- Challenging mindset; will always look for ways to improve the status quo.
- Interest in working with people from all kinds of backgrounds and all kinds of skillsets
Fintech company taking the market by storm. They are growing fast in Japan and are looking for people to fortify their team. As the company grows, the career prospects are good for those who are innovative and driven. Very international atmosphere.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.