We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. YOUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize and build your accounting and finance knowledge as a controller supporting the principal and alternatives investment strategies of Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting and/or product knowledge and a passion in finance to support the Asset Management Division which primarily focus on the long term investment objectives of the firm and our clients. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have a strong sense of control and ensure control standards are maintained and documented.
- Conduct reviews of transactions for accounting treatment, funding and control considerations across various asset classes.
- Work and drive innovation-related initiatives, including workflow automation and data analytics projects
- Work effectively with the Business and other Federation teams, including Operations, Risk, Tax, Technology and Treasury.
- Month-end procedures preparing financial statements for posting to the firm's general ledger.
- Intelligently monitor trading activities to ensure the business is supported in a controlled manner.
- Prepare daily P&L and other financial analysis for the firm.
- Perform independent price verification with a concentration on illiquid and private investments.
- Qualified accountant preferred with working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the audit or finance field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong confident character, team player control mindset and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent PC skills and highly numerate.
- Proven time management and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Willing to take on extra responsibilities.