Controllers, Asset Management Division - Product Controller, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CONTROLLERS
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize and build your accounting and finance knowledge as a controller supporting the principal and alternatives investment strategies of Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting and/or product knowledge and a passion in finance to support the Asset Management Division's Merchant Bank which primarily focus on the long term investment objectives of the firm. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Intelligently monitor trading activities to ensure the business is supported in a controlled manner.
- Work effectively with the Business and other Federation teams, including Operations, Risk, Tax, Technology and Treasury.
- Prepare daily P&L and other financial analysis for the firm.
- Perform independent price verification with a concentration on illiquid and private investments.
- Month-end procedures preparing accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger.
- Work and drive innovation-related initiatives, including workflow automation and data analytics projects.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Possess strong interest in financial products and market awareness.
- Qualified accountant preferred with prior experience in finance or audit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong confident character, team player control mindset and able to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Proactive and willing to take on extra responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience in programming, such as Python will be advantageous.
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English is preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity