Compliance, Regulatory Practice Group, Analyst, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about building relationship with various regulators, driving the firm's strategic risk awareness of the business activities and being exposed to global regulatory discussions and cross-divisional partnerships? We are looking for professional to join Regulatory Practice Group ("RPG") who wants to use your analytical and judgment skills to respond to regulatory requests and communication skill to build relationship with the regulators. OUR IMPACT
Our division interprets regulatory requirements to ensure the firm is in compliance and determines how to appropriately pursue global market opportunities. Our analysts monitor regulatory trends in every jurisdiction where the firm operates and we work with regulators to manage financial market risk. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The RPG, which is part of Compliance Regulatory Affairs and Resources, is responsible for interactions with the various regulators. RPG mainly focuses on 3 main themes: i) inspection ii) regulatory inquiries iii) regulatory relationships. In addition, RPG provides other departments with the advice on regulatory-related matters. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Assist in inspection by coordinating with other departments
- Respond to regulatory inquiries/requests on day-to-day basis
- Coordinate with Technology to enhance a system for regulatory inquiries (trade inquiries)
- Provide advice on regulatory related matters (e.g. regulatory filing, incident reporting, licensing application etc.) to other departments
- Handles regulatory filing including incident reporting
- Assist in building and maintaining relationship with regulators
- Excellent interpersonal and written & verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Ability to pay attention to details and thoroughness of execution
- Strong analytical and judgment skills
- Pro-active attitude to the job
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (word/excel spreadsheet/power point)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in financial services industry
- Compliance/Legal/Internal Audit/Operations background
- Experience in relationship management or stakeholder management
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.