Client Operations (Director)
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Job Details
Morgan Stanley seeks individuals from different backgrounds and experiences as we strongly believe diversity is an opportunity for leading with exceptional ideas. Across all roles, we seek candidates who value honesty, character and diversity to foster an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging, and can partner with colleagues to deliver the best of the Firm to our clients. Professional development is supported through open and honest 360 feedback, career conversations, training opportunities, and mentoring / coaching.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations:
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. ISGPO is comprised of 5 departments: Client Operations, Trading Operations, Financing & Collateral Operations, Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) and Change the Bank (CTB).
Client Operations supports commercial Derivatives Clearing, Prime Brokerage, ISG Margin, Institutional Securities, Client Onboarding and relationships with the Firm's biggest clients. We also provide clearing services to Morgan Stanley House trading teams across ISG. We act as a valued strategic partner to our clients, enabling them to access new products, markets and services to meet the financial goals of their underlying investors. In partnership with our clients we also take a leadership role in the evolution of our business through our presence in new markets and on industry bodies. We work closely with our Sales and Trading stakeholders and Technology and Data partners on planning and building capacity to enable us to deliver creative, bespoke client solutions and to meet the higher client expectations than are standard in non-fee paying client business. The service level the Operations team delivers differentiates us from our competitors and is central to winning and retaining business. Role Description & Responsibilities
- As a Line Senior Operations Specialist you will manage complex processes and/or support significant process management and project efforts.
- You will have the ability to work independently and handle change efforts.
- You may lead a team of specialists and may have people management responsibilities.
- You will independently manage processes and/or projects.
- You may manage critical projects or operational
improvements with firm/ client/ risk/ financial impact.
- You will think commercially, understand the impact of initiatives, risks on the operational budget.
- You will manage key relationships with internal/external clients and Firm stakeholders and influence and negotiate with clients and/or other departments on key deliverables and timelines. Qualifications: Skills that You Bring
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- You actively look for new opportunities for self development and career progression.
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjusts behavior accordingly.
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.
- Japanese is required. Equal Opportunity Statement
“At Morgan Stanley, diversity is an opportunity—for clients, employees and firm. By valuing diverse perspectives, we can better serve our clients, while we help employees achieve their professional objectives. A corporate culture that is open and inclusive is fundamental to our role as a global leader constantly striving for excellence in all that we do." ―James P. Gorman
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.