Business Continuity Manager, Japan
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Business Continuity Manager, Japan
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
About the Business Unit:
The Business Continuity & Recovery team is responsible for delivering world class event management, business continuity, and disaster recovery to protect the firm and its assets, mitigate risk, and ensure continuous service globally to customers, clients, communities, and financial markets. Our recovery capabilities, preparedness and integrated response serve as a competitive differentiator in times of disruption, protecting Bank of America's revenue stream while enhancing its brand.
The program is focused on four functional areas:
- Planning and Preparedness
- Response & Crisis Management
The Country manager would be part of the Asia Pacific Enterprise Event Response & Resiliency Executive ( EERR) team directly leading the in-country program for Japan and project management in line with regional and global direction. Additionally, the role would be the primary interface point for testing and governance. The role will have direct and routine interactions with the Country Management Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting Lines of Business with their Business Impact Analysis / Business Analysis
- Developing and Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Maintaining & Exercising Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Implementing and coordinating Disaster Recovery sites (including office and trading spaces)
- Coordinating emergency response processes and leading execution of those processes during time of event
- Facilitating business continuity audit or inspection requirements
- Supporting local and regional program management of functional initiatives
- Driving Business Continuity strategy discussions with country leadership
- Serve as key interface with internal auditors & country regulators on BCDR policies and standards
Under supervision, this position manages and facilitates the design and implementation of cost effective business continuity strategies and processes related to business and technical recovery
Develops and maintains sound relationships with Information Technology and Clients
Must have these skills to be minimally qualified :
- Strong crisis management experience
- Strong understanding of local regulatory environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all organizational levels
- Business level English with Japanese native level fluency is essential as oversight in this role involves a Japan portfolio
- Aptitude to quickly learn and translate that understanding into ability to deliver key elements to relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the ability to operate in a matrix-managed environment
- Strong understanding of IT and facility management concepts in support of the development of cost effective business continuity strategies
- Ability to interpret and deliver business and technical requirements
- Financial services industry experience desired
- Applicants should possess a minimum of a degree and preferably be certified BCM practitioner (minimum 5 years experience) and some change management / process improvement experience.
- Technology experience as either a support manager or preferably as a technology project manager within banking will be well regarded
Posting Date: 19/12/2017
Tokyo, , 4, 1,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25