Associate Director – Sales Representative
Job Description Role: ( JOB SUMMARY)
- This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for a set of complex products or services. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific strategic guidance and product overviews.
- Build and execute on sales strategies to meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Lead the development of business within assigned territories. Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by identifying gaps and recommending solutions leveraging market and technical knowledge.
- Provide insightful and client-specific customer service and product overviews.
- Assess the needs of the client by gaining an understanding of the specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Act as the market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Serve as functional and market expert to resolve client issues through the use of interpersonal skills. Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- 7+ years' experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Fluency in Japanese and good English capability.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.