Associate Director- Tokyo
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop better relations with clients, long term prospects, and consultants. Serve existing clients of the assigned territory to maintain the clients and cross sell MFS / MIMkk products, including Toshins and platform / sub-advisory business opportunities.
- Provide the highly sophisticated level of product information to client and long term prospects, including investment management philosophy, process, rationale of buy-sell decision, attribution analysis, and investment strategy, based on the communication with investment team. Attend the final presentation and the critical meetings to be responsible for the above product information, on behalf of investment specialists.
- Analyzes products and makes decisions regarding appropriate utilization with clients. Evaluates products and determines the size of the potential market.
- Develop and generate presentation material, RFP language, (quarterly/monthly) reports, with well-coordinated portfolio administration.
- P roactively identifies and responds to needs of existing clients and prospects, and proposes solutions, to maintain and enhance the highest qualified standard of services.
- Acts as a focal contact for the relationship management and investment specialist teams, to provide and enhance strategic client communications.
- Demonstrates full understanding of global client services concept as well as relationship management in Japanese concept (sales, marketing, client relation, client service / reporting, consultant relation, and investment analyses: each role is an integral part of total client relationship). Act accordingly to the clients and to MFS / MIMkk team members.
- Develops resources, databases, processes and checklists to ensure consistent and effective delivery of service and data to clients and consultants.
- Performs additional responsibilities as required or directed.
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- Minimum of five years of finance industry experience, preferably in asset management business and/or consulting.
- Ability to present creative ideas, which can be implemented to encourage clients as well as prospects to expand their business with MFS.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with employees at all organizational levels.
- Ability to communicate and market MFS' corporate image and services in a compelling manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills in Japanese language specifically and in English language in a lesser extent.
- Preferably have CMA, the equivalent certificate of US CFA in Japan.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."