Asset Management / Accountant
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
Supervise book-keeping, banking, audit, tax and related services provided by third-party vendors to MSC clients, which are typically legal entities established to hold Japan real property investments on behalf of Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) fund products and fulfil periodic and ad-hoc reporting requirements including performance metrics (IRRs, cash multiples, etc.), budgets and business plans, audit and tax related reporting.
Communicate with MSREI regional investment controllers, MSREI fund controllers (portfolio specialists) in New York and Atlanta, Headquarters (“MSREF”), as well as MS Finance, Legal (including corporate secretarial team) and Compliance Departments in relation to acquisition, holding and disposition of client holdings.
Vice President, Investment Controller
- Support Acquisition team to maintain, develop and manipulate complex working financial models for current and proposed investments
- Supervise and instruct external vendors in detail to produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in JGAAP, IFRS and USGAAP, financial audits, tax return, lender reporting and cash management
- Administration of property management system (@property) including user maintenance, maser data registration and communication with accountants from property management companies
- Seamlessly link Asset Managers’ property level investment projections with Fund-level financial models utilizing financial information available through database system
- Form an effective conduit between external vendors, Asset Management team, Acquisition team and regional Investment Controllers
- Facilitates flow of information amongst key stakeholders
- Strong accounting background, preferably in real estate investment or private equity
- Actual book closing experience including experience with accounting system is required
- Out of box thinker with strong analytical skills
- Meticulous, yet efficient, with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-directed, team player demonstrating maturity and an ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Written and spoken English and Japanese
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.