Application Development Manager - Japan, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Head of Japan Development Team working closely with the business and GTS teams in Japan to deliver sound technical solutions to the client. Oversees all technical expects from application solutioning and has strong communication skills including technical. What you will be responsible for
As Application Development Manager you will
What we value
- Head Japan Application Development to develop and maintain enterprise applications and support Japan operations.
- Drives the Japan projects as the delivery manager, oversees and designs complex systems, resolves challenging problems and advises the operation improvement.
- Provide direction on the technologies and business process to be used in the daily Trust bank operations.
- Ensure the development team is following best industry and corporate practices.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong communication skills, strong project management skills and strong technical skills are prerequisites.
- Be comfortable dealing and facing off with senior executives and clients.
- At least 10 years experience in financial industry
- Applications development background is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate in Japanese and English as this role will require engaging local, regional and global teams.
This role straddles business and IT. The role requires understanding of the business, technically strong in application development/design and ability to communicate in Japanese and English. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers