MSCI analytics consultants are responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships for all Analytics products. Consultants are assigned clients within a given coverage territory, and work hand in glove with the sales team to achieve common commercial and client relationship/servicing objectives.
The consultant pro-actively manages the client relationship and ensures a high level of client experience and satisfaction. The objective is to ensure the client fully benefits from their subscription, which is achieved by developing a high-level understanding of the client needs and creating value as a Trusted Advisor. The consultant ensures the client maximizes the value of the products they have subscribed to and identify additional products that could further benefit the client in their investment and risk management process.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, users training and education, and client experience enhancing activities such as presenting at client workshops, seminars, and webinars. In this role, individuals will work very closely with sales, global client service, marketing, research and product management.
Total relationship management involving:
· Improving the year on year retention rate by ensuring a high level of client experience and satisfaction
· Detailed account planning, including engagement with all levels of client organization
· Responsible for delivering client education and product training
· Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
· Become a Trusted Advisor by applying both product and client expertise to pro-actively identify solutions/product usage that create value for the client – hence contributing directly to up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
· Provide thought-leadership by sharing best practices within the client community, and leading workshops and seminars
· Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap. Working with other teams (Marketing, Sales, Research, and Product Development) to ensure company is delivering relevant products
· Regular travel to client sites within coverage region
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Strong team skills and emotional maturity, with proven ability for independent work and self-teaching
· Fluency in English, additional language skills are a plus
· Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
· Strong analytic and quantitative skills
· Understanding of / experience dealing with major international institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker / Dealers, Banks
· Ideally worked in client firm (Asset Manager, Hedge Fund, Bank) in a risk management, quantitative/proprietary trading, quantitative research or portfolio management role.
· Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets, including over-the-counter securities and derivatives and exotic securities
· Thorough understanding of the Investment Management Process
· Significant relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment and experience in the financial service industry
· Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
· Bachelor’s Degree required ideally from engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Masters Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Finance and/or Phd
· Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder, FRM (Financial Risk Manager)
· Experience with RiskMetrics and Barra models would be considered a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.