Aladdin Solutions Engineering, Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges.
BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale.
BlackRock Solutions' eFront is an operating system for alternative investment GPs, LPs and Fund Administrators. The solution provides strong data collection, analytical, and operational capability of private equity, real estate, infrastructure fund management. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Aladdin Solutions Engineering team is seeking to hire an experienced investment management specialist to accelerate the pace of their already fast-growing business. This person will partner with the BlackRock Solutions' Business Development team to own the technical components of the sales process. This includes utilizing industry expertise in product demonstrations to showcase how Aladdin/eFront functionality can be used to solve real investment challenges across a variety of industry verticals including insurance companies, pension funds, banks, and asset managers. Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex processes and investment management workflows are a must. RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities of the role include:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Being a client-facing investment management specialist with superior presentation skills and knowledge of a wide variety of buy-side portfolio management workflows with ability to work in a demanding and fast paced team setting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tie market themes to functional solutions using Aladdin tools in order to demonstrate the power of the platform.
- Partnering with Business Development on prospective clients with joint responsibility for executing sales strategy. Owning the product engagement and demonstrations with the client while building a relationship and rapport with the business users. Collaborating internally on prospect requirements and product solutions.
- Expertise of technological solutions, financial markets, and client requirements to best present Aladdin/eFront to prospective clients. Liaising internally on requirements for proof of concepts.
- Coordinating and managing internal Aladdin/eFront environments for demonstrations
- Partnering with Aladdin/eFront product development to contribute ideas and understand Aladdin's roadmap and latest functionality.
- Partnering with colleagues throughout the BlackRock organization, educating the wider business on BRS, and learning local market/industry requirement
- Minimum 7 years investment management or investment technology workflow experience
- Fluency in Japanese and in English
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary global team
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong enthusiasm for the financial markets and technology (FinTech)
- Deep insights about industry trends of Aladdin's potential clients, which includes Banks, Pensions, Insurance, Asset Managers, PE/RE/Alts fund GP/LP in Japan.
- Knowledge of key competitor's characteristics and usage of competitor solutions at potential clients in Japan.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.