Adv Ops Specialist, Line
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organisations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organisation partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
This position within the OTC Derivatives Client Service Group involves extensive contact with our clients, our colleagues in Prime Brokerage and our global sales force. The group's primary responsibility is to ensure that the client's futures settlement figures are accurate each day. This entails the resolution of all trade breaks, the monitoring of all cash activity in the account and ensuring that the account is fully margined. The business is volume driven so having exceptional organizational skills is a plus. Qualified applicants must be adaptable to change, as some days will require you to work on many different jobs at once. The emphasis of the team is to be a Relationship Manager and provide superior service to the client base.
- Single point of contact navigating the organisation for our clients
- Client call back reports
- Daily reconciliation of foreign and domestic accounts
- Resolution of trade breaks
- Ability to calculate and adjust P&L figures
- Work with IT to develop and rollout new customer technology
- Handling various administrative duties
- Mandatory Prerequisite: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese Business Language
- Experience in Fixed Income OTC Derivatives role an advantage
- Ability to work with colleagues in offshore locations, maintain communication and build rapport with these colleagues
- Strong understanding of risk and economic discrepancies
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to provide high levels of client services including presentations
- Dedication to getting the job done
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Commitment, strong work ethic and significant leadership potential