About this role BlackRock is recruiting for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to join BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI Group). This position is based in our Tokyo office. The role, that we are looking to hire for, supports a team of 15 individuals, including one Managing Director
About this role
BlackRock is recruiting for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to join BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI Group). This position is based in our Tokyo office. The role, that we are looking to hire for, supports a team of 15 individuals, including one Managing Director and 4 Directors. BAI Group consists of Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Equity and Hedge Fund businesses.
- A great teammate, deeply motivated, inventive, and organized.
- A dedicated colleague who loves to collaborate within a team.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, confident and have a positive attitude.
- Able to be agile and flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Experienced in supporting senior leaders with a global remit.
- Creative and curious with an interest to grow within the role.
- Meticulous in your attention to detail and completes tasks independently.
- Organized, responsive and can communicate with a can-do attitude, while understanding priorities and demonstrating the ability to stay composed under pressure
- Handle a broad range of administrative duties as well as ad-hoc projects across the team
- Provide phone coverage for team members and back- up telephone coverage for the head of the Group
- Perform calendar management, including the complex coordination of meetings and video conferences with multiple participants across global time zones
- Organize and handle logistics for internal and external meetings, team events, Town Halls and team off-sites
- Meet and greet visitors and clients – including ensuring access/security, coordinating conference rooms, audio/visual requirements, and meal arrangements and aid visitors from other BlackRock offices
- Arrange and oversee domestic and international travel (flights, hotels, cars, visas if required)
- Process expense reports using the internal expense system
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Coordinate the agenda, materials and logistics for all meetings in BAI Group
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 3 – 7 years of professional / corporate or administrative experience
- Experience in roles that work with external clients and executive management
- Experience in a dynamic corporate environment and experience in the financial services industry
Core skills required:
- Advanced thorough knowledge of MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Excel
- Proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel; Experience using Concur preferred
- Excellent organization skills, detail orientated and time management
- Absolute discretion and appropriate handling of highly sensitive and confidential information
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, anticipate needs and make sound decisions with minimal direction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent assignments in a demanding environment with high degree of accuracy. Demonstrating follow through on all assignments.
- Solid time management skills.
- Capability to work in partnership in a team environment and to dedicatedly assist others as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate the highest standard of conduct, performance and business ethics
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.