Account Executive - Financial Institutions/Intermediary Sales, State Street Global Advisors, Vice President
Who we are looking for
As an Account Executive within SSGA(Japan) Financial Institutions/Intermediary Sales, your role is to achieve sales targets through ensuring our clients and prospects receive the most relevant advice and solutions from SSGA that will help them achieve their goals. You are responsible for managing your own book of key strategic relationships, and being well-versed in SSGA's culture and vision, investment philosophy and capabilities, service and operational offerings in order to effectively communicate each in a compelling way to the marketplace. You must also build strong relationships across the broader sales, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As an Account Executive - Financial Institutions/Intermediary Sales you will
What we value
- Develop and grow the financial institutions/intermediary business to achieve sales targets and be responsible for identifying trends and opportunities for the future, playing a critical role in leading future product/solution driven largely by the requirements of clients.
- Maximize the sales of SSGA(Japan) products while at the same time complying with SSGA(Japan) policies and ensuring compliance with regulatory conditions.
- Actively sell and promote the investment capabilities of SSGA to Japan retail/financial institutions markets.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships with clients to ensure retention of business by providing high quality, timely, and insightful marketing activities.
- Create sales materials for new and existing products.
- Achieve meeting and activity targets that are logged and monitored in SalesForce.
- Build a strong corporate knowledge of SSGA and its products, influence product design based on direct client interaction and seek solution which best satisfy clients' demand for new products and better services.
- Work closely with relevant internal stakeholders across the broader sales, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams.
- Develop and maintain a strong local market industry knowledge, including competitor business models, activities, etc.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A proven track record of delivering against business objectives and sales target is vital.
- Self-starter who has a proactive approach and strong client focus.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate effort to meet agreed deadlines.
- Good product knowledge and experience of developing onshore and offshore funds.
- Good industry standard knowledge and experience of developing sales materials.
- Well-developed sales/client servicing and client relationships background in keeping with Japanese client standards.
About State Street What we do.
- 10+ year experience in the asset management industry.
- Proficiency in both Japanese and English languages, and strong practical understanding of Japanese culture and business etiquette.
- Ability to gather and analyze data with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships and dialogue within an international organization.
- Computer proficient using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other IT applications.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers