We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance (ISPVMF) Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
Investment Services (Real Estate)
The Investment Services Management (Real Estate) team sits within ISPVMF department. With more than 500 separate Real Estate investments spanning over 40 countries, the Investment Services Management team for Real Estate plays a vital role to provide investment and asset management support to Real Estate Investment Professionals. This includes propagating industry best practices, improving efficiency by process design, providing timely and accurate performance reporting and overseeing the process of ingesting and presenting data to ensure GIC Real Estate continues to retain its competitive edge. The team also manages the Real Estate portfolio insurance program to ensure sufficient protection of downside risks.
An excellent opportunity now arises for an AVP to join the team in Tokyo as a Regional Portfolio Officer (RPO).
- Assist investment management team in establishing the strategic plans, property budget and hold-sell recommendation for each asset with the objective of maximizing investment value.
- Monitor and analyse asset performance to ensure strategic plans are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with operating partner on assigned assets such as property managers, leasing agents, vendors, asset managers and consultants.
- Review 3rd party appraisals for each property.
- Carry out day-to-day asset management activities partnering with investment management team supervising the deal.
- Authorize payment of operational and capital expenditure and execution of legal documents in accordance to strategic plans and property budget
- Review property reports and participate in operations, leasing and capital discussions with property management teams.
- Assist investment management team to support queries relating to the properties.
- Initiate and lead due diligence process, manage the legal documentation with external parties such as seller, broker, lawyers and liaise with functional teams in executing successful closings of asset acquisitions.
- Support sale process by assisting the investment team with engaging brokers, managing due diligence and closing process.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ relevant work experience in asset management.
- Work experience in deal closing will be viewed favourably.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting
- Comfortable working/learning new technology applications and analytics tools
- Exposure to the Japanese market will be advantageous.
- Fluent in Japanese. Candidate must be able to converse in English.
- Ability to drive coordination and project manage amongst various stakeholders
- Team player with good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Occasional travel will be required.