APAC Application Resiliency Operation Lead
Who we are looking for
As a Site Reliability Engineer / Application Resiliency Operation Engineer you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of support and development will focus on existing systems, or ones available in the market place, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on the relevant projects, supported by and organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Site Reliability Engineer / Application Resiliency Operation Engineer you will
What we value
- Design, code, debug, build, test, and deliver software solutions to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands.
- Engage with development team, or external service provider where it is applicable, throughout the life cycle to help develop software solution for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains with excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components ( e.g. networks, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerizations, compute and storage systems
- Solid understanding of Windows Operating Systems, Linux and Oracle RDBMS.
- Proficiency in vendor management and project management.
- Advanced knowledge in telemetry and triaging systems like Splunk, Dynatrace Managed, Geneos etc..
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm.
- Adept in Agile development practices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering or computer science discipline
- Mastery in at least two or more programming languages ( e.g. Python, Java, Go etc..) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery.
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, using one or more object oriented programming languages and/or scripting.
- 5+ years of Application Support and Project Management experience.
- Working experience in designing disaster recovery or/and high availability solutions.
- 5+ years experience in two or more of the following areas (encourage applying to this role if you have good core experience in at least 2 areas):
- Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operationssuch as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as CassandraMQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc. Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc
About State Street What we do.
- Language: Fluent oral and written Japanese and English.
- Ability to work under own initiative and over hurdles
- Work independently, reliable and creative
- Team player, people manager, Experience in interacting with local and overseas vendor(s)
- Passionate, self-motivated and driven with a hunger for learning and growth.
- Strong communicator with a high degree of written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with people in different countries both within APAC and Globally
- Results oriented with energy and passion to achieve and exceed stretching objectives and to deliver
- Strong sense of ownership
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers