AMD Operations, GSAM Ops - Institutional Oversight, Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) provides global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and is based in 13 locations across the globe. It consists of 11 functional areas including Client Management, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Client Management team in Tokyo has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio accounting, cash management and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. In addition, the team is responsible for onboarding, restructures, and terminations of GSAM client relationships/accounts and funds. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives, private equities, and hedge funds. The group supports portfolio managers, sales and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships. The primary responsibilities include:
• Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all Operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM business teams.
• Interpret and determine client requirements and service standards from legal documentation and business requirements supporting all account events.
• Assist in the launch of new products and instruments.
• Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact.
• Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate.
• Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements, efficiency and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Native level Japanese language skills, business level English skills
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
• Knowledge of financial products, terms, and finance and account analytics
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Highly motivated, collaborative, team-oriented individual
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, to partner effectively across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities Preferred Qualifications:
• Background in Operations, Product Management (Back office or Middle office) would be an advantage
• Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure to provide practical solutions.
• Risk management focus.
• Experience in project management, accounting, data management is highly beneficial. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity