Specialized Group's client is now in the midst of an exciting new stage of growth to double the size by 2023. The CFO provides leadership for accounting, budget, procurement, and other finance-related tasks. The CFO directs budget planning, allocation and execution monitoring and negotiates with government agencies for the client's budget request.
- Provide the highest quality services in budget, accounting, and procurement to the faculty, staff, and students at the University, with emphasis on efficient systems, streamlined processes, and clear policies.
- Develop and enhance effective business practices in the University through introduction of up-to-date financial and business information systems to provide electronic, paperless services.
- Provide ongoing financial analysis using appropriate algorithms to track and predict budget execution and to optimize budget planning, control, and reporting.
- Prepare and negotiate annual budget requests with governmental funding agencies.
- Manage the use of internal government subsidy funds according to government accounting rules.
- 5+ years of experience in the budget request process and management of government subsidy budgets from ministries, agencies or other related institutions.
- Able to advise University Executives on strategic and operational financial decisions, to serve as a partner on financial management strategies, and to supervise Financial Management Division members.
- Able to support and manage IT based financial systems.
- Able to lead financial operations to ensure implementation of OIST policies and procedures in collaboration with executives and managers.
- Skilled decision making, with integrity and transparency.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Japanese, with native level English speaking skills.
- Experience in financial management in higher education/research institutions.
- Experience in financial and administrative staff leadership, preferably in managing people in a multinational environment.
- Experience in developing and managing external, non-government-subsidy funding.
Company has a great relocation package to cover the costs to Okinawa