Investments Business Analyst
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries,
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Group Investment Management (GIM) is the Head office department in charge of supporting the Group Chief Investment Officer (GCIO) in the management and supervision of the ca. € 450 billion investment portfolio of the Generali Group.
Within GIM, the Investment Data Governance (GIDG) function is in charge of providing the GCIO and the Top Management of the Group with investment data and analytical support on Group investments. The function owns an extensive data warehouse on all Group investments and supports Head Office Functions on investments data management.
Candidates will join the Investment Data Management unit and will be introduced to a career focused on the complex tasks of investments data management and data analysis of one of Europe’s largest investment portfolios.
Candidate activities include:
- Monitoring investment data in the data-warehouseGroup Investments Master Data supervision and functional support to classification and mapping
- Understanding the needs of data Producers and Consumers, generating business and technical requirements analysis.
- In-depth data analysis to identify data quality issues, and support business and technical teams
- Functional interface with Investment IT team throughout the entire software development life-cycle
- Managing multiple projects (planning, implementation rules, testing, etc.)
- Support Risk Management activities
- Support Group CFO on investments Group QRT activities
- Support Investment reporting implementation
- Interface with other Group and Local Unit Investment Departments and as well HQ areas (mainly GCFO and GCRO area)
Effective candidate activities and responsibilities will depend on skills and seniority and will follow a progressive competence development path.The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- University Degree in Economics, Science, Engineering or similar
- Basic knowledge of financial instruments reference data and markets are required. Experience of 1-3 years in financial data analysis and algorithms implementation would represent a preferential factor.
- Fluency in English and Italian are requirements, a second foreign language is a plus
- Self-motivated, strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, take over responsibility at a very early stage, flexibility
- Solid problem solving and ability to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Good programming skills, good knowledge of MS Office and advanced knowledge of Excel. DB query language or SAS knowledge would represent a plus.