Generali Italia is the most important national insurance company, first in Italy in the life business and second in the non-life business. The purpose is to actively protect and enhance people’s life; the mission is to be the first choice by delivering relevant and accessibleGenerali Italia is the most important national insurance company, first in Italy in the life business and second in the non-life business. The purpose is to actively protect and enhance people’s life; the mission is to be the first choice by delivering relevant and accessible insurance solutions; company values are deliver on the promise, value our people, live the community and be open.
The manager will be responsible for performing local audit activities within respective area, from risk assessment to plan and engagement execution.
- Involved in operational implementation projects, providing controls and risk consultancy.
- Performs the internal audit risk assessment;
- Gives support for annual plan development and maintenance;
- Responsible for planning, scoping and delivering of medium/low complexity audit engagements identified in the audit plan;
- Accountable for day-to-day management of the audit in line with milestones;
- Responsible for the preparation of the Audit Plan Memo, Risk And Control Matrix, Half Time Review, Meeting Minutes, Issues Log, ToR and Audit Report;
- Responsible for checking the issues resolution;
- Reports and escalates risks and issues as appropriate;
- Ensures agreed corrective actions are tracked and implemented;
- Responsible for managing day-to-day stakeholder relations;
Relationship with Middle Management and other control functions
- Responsible for managing good relations with Middle Management, Op Team and external auditors;
- Works with a specific range of contacts and resources to develop technical and commercial knowledge/business awareness;
- Works in partnership with other functions to ensure a coordinated approach to Audit activities and the availability of technical information and resources to support a thorough Audit process;
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
College Degree or equivalent, ideally in business administration, finance, law, insurance/financial services/ management; IA professional certification holder (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA) or relevant technical qualification could be a plus
Experience within an insurance /financial services business with a sound knowledge
of one or more technical areas (6+ years in the industry), or Accountant/Auditor with 6+ years experience in a public accounting firm and a solid understanding of Risk Management, Governance and Control standards
Reasonably frequent travel within Italy may occur.
Fully proficient in English, any other language desirable.