Quantitative Risk Analyst
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational group that is present in more than 60 countries, withGenerali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
We are looking for a Quantitative Risk Analyst for the Group Life Underwriting Risk department. He or she will deal with quantitative risk models to be applied in the context of insurance risks modeling for the Group Risk Capital calculation under Solvency II.
The successful candidate might be focused on the following activities:
- Develop and maintain methodology, tools and calibration process in relation to the quantitative models used for insurance risks modeling. In particular, develop and maintain relevant components, methodology and calibration guidelines (life underwriting risks calibration, statistical regression models and economic scenarios used in the framework) for the calculation of the Group’s Solvency II capital requirements.
- Support/Review the Group undertakings in ensuring the local implementation of the methodologies established at Group level for the Group’s risk capital calculation under both the Internal Model and the Standard Formula. Monitor the Group undertakings in the right application of such methodologies on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the proper deployment of all the standards and requests posed by the Data Quality and Validation processes.
- Collaborate with the Actuarial Function on topics related to the Technical Provisions (Risk Margin) and the Actuarial Model developments for Group risk purposes and acting as a contact point with the Bus.
- Collaborate with the Life Value Analysis unit (GCFO) in activities related to the NB quarterly monitoring.
- Support the Group Chief Operations & Insurance Officer function in the approval process of the new Life product considering the impacts on risk capital.
- Proven quantitative skills
- Proven programming skills (Matlab, VBA, SQL or equivalents)
- Fluent in Italian and English (written and spoken)
- Advanced use of MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of additional foreign languages (e.g. Spanish, French, German)
- Master or PhD in quantitative subjects (Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial mathematics, Finance, Risk management)
- Working experience in more than one country
- Strong interpersonal skills and open mind-set
- Good communication skills
- Self-organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Experience with international working environment
- Structured and solution oriented