Payroll Service Delivery Manager
The Delivery Manager is the person that ensures the delivery of the excellent service and procedures fulfillment for one of the major Global client in TMF. He/she is the single point of contact for regular interactions with the client senior management as well as operational teams, and manages the local TMF Payroll Delivery Team.
With a deep understanding of TMF services, with experience working in Payroll Service Line, he/she will ensure that all the contract terms are being met, through managing local TMF Payroll Delivery Team, working together with Team Manager, Subject Experts and Project Managers to track and coordinate the activities. He/she will also act the point of escalation for both the client and TMF internal stakeholders for resolving any issues that may arise daily. He/she will coordinate the TMF Payroll Delivery Team and plan and execute on strategies and activities to ensure the excellence of the delivered service.
He/she will work closely with the Client and across TMF to deliver the Payroll Service and to develop the client relationship in the long-term. The focus of the role is as follows:
- Delivery of contractual performance consistently;
- Improve operational performance to protect revenues & improve profitability over time
- Support Client Service department in defining and managing the contact strategy with the Client and across TMF Payroll Delivery Team:
- Operationally - maintain control
- Strategically - develop influence
- Identify opportunities to expand service and deliver incremental revenue over time
- Understand our contractual commitment to the client: understand in detail the services that we have contracted for with the client. Awareness of any future commitments and changes that have already been contracted for (i.e. reduction in costs, or increase in service levels, productivity improvements etc.).
Manage any changes against these commitments via the contract change control process.
- Manage the Services we deliver to the Client: have a good knowledge of the Payroll services being delivered with access to detailed subject matter experts.
Manage and track our delivery performance against the contract. Manage the TMF Payroll Delivery Team to deliver the high standard of service and meet Client expectations.
- Manage the billing / pricing of services to the client: understand how TMF is billing the client in all service locations. Ensure all services are correctly billed and payment received - manage debtor days and resolve any issues causing late payment. [MW2]
Work with the Client to understand upcoming volumes of contracted services to plan resourcing and training for the service provision as well as to provide forecast information to the internal stakeholders (Client Service, Finance)
- Proactively manage Service & Commercial changes with the client: understand the Operational service volumes TMF are providing to the client against the contracted services. Advise / manage any changes to pricing levels from organic growth.
Work with the client to understand and future changes to volumes / services that the customer may need. Identify where changes to scope are required and support negotiating the necessary changes through gaining input from local Team and the relevant client contacts. Ensure all contractual and pricing changes are agreed and administered through change requests or new work orders as necessary.
Proactively identify opportunities for additional services and either directly propose and close these growth opportunities or enlist the support relevant stakeholders in line with the commercial governance model Client Services Delivery.
- Manage any Service Issues: Primary Escalation point for contracted Services issues. Manage local TMF Payroll Delivery Team to resolve any Service issues. Work with the Client to resolve and service issues that have resulted from client actions
Escalate to the Local and Regional Leaders or Client Service or Client as appropriate to manage and resolve service issues. Critical competencies for success
- Client focus orientation
- Provides consistently high quality service
- Cultivates and maintains good working relationships with the client
- Ability to act and communicate effectively with key stakeholders in resolving concerns
- Able to understand diverse client needs and provide appropriate solutions; effectively balances the needs of TMF and the needs of the client
- Collaborates within the broader Payroll Delivery Team and other Departments to deliver the power of ONE TMF
- Educates clients and shares information to build their understanding of services, issues and solutions
- Identifies opportunities for revenue growth and engages TMF resources as necessary to secure additional business growth
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business acumen, commercial experience and negotiation skills
- Ability to think and manage the service from end-to-end perspective, addressing aspects of scope, service timeliness and accuracy, change requests, commercial aspects, team resourcing, team management, communication with the Client, continuous improvement.
- Strategic/analytical thinking while action oriented
- Problem solving skills to understands cause and effect and able to plan accordingly
- Able to analyse situations critically to ensure transparency while solving the issue
- Be proficient with numerical analysis
- Identifies breakdowns in internal processes and systems that directly impact client services and takes action to meet client needs and concerns
- Makes timely decisions, takes action to pursue an opportunity, address an issue or prevent a problem
- Performance and Team management
- Team Management and People management skills
- Strong performance and service level delivery skills
- Ability to manage end-to-end service through a dedicated team, with the right use of Subject Matter Experts and Project Manager where necessary
- Good balance between Service Management and Payroll expertise enabling daily support of the Delivery Team and ability to translate issues into actionable solutions
- Ability to reorganize the structures, processes and procedures to meet target service levels and improve overall performance
Technical skills/Job Specific skills
- Communication skills
- Uses language and style of communication appropriately and applies discretion when necessary
- Has the ability to articulate results and ideas in a concise manner using a variety of media and formats, and be persuasive and convincing in front of a challenging audience
- Is fluent, clear and concise in written and oral communication
- Experience in Italian Payroll practice and Italian Labor Law
- At least ten years of professional services experience with a good understanding of strategic value drivers as well as business and organizational dynamics, ideally with experience from managing a payroll service.
- At least five years of experience in a role relevant to TMF Payroll Service Lines
- Self-organization / time management: ability to organize and execute tasks within a specific timeframe; has the ability to deliver outstanding work to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload; pays attention to detail and delivers high quality work products
- At least five years of experience working in a client-facing environment, with a good track record of delivering services and growing revenues against client requests.
- Ability to collaborate and to drive change in an international matrix environment. Business transformation is critical to the business success and is fundamental to the success of this role.
- Flexible and thrive in fluid environments, without the need for rigid structure.
- Experience of working in an international organization across a broad set of cultures and business practices.
- Knowledge of Zucchetti Payroll system will be considered a very good asset.
Other Leadership Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree
- Able to work in English (additional languages is a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft suite
- Professional project management training is a plus
- Focuses on the customer
- Acts with the highest level of integrity, generating trust and protecting client's interests
- Builds, engages and influences people that are not under a direct report
- Drives for results with integrity and compliant behaviors
- Embraces and drives for change and is an entrepreneur