POSITION PURPOSE The EMEA Regional Marketing Manager is involved in all aspects of marketing activity including formulating strategy, positioning, content development, execution and measurement with the goal of improving and enhancing our ability to win and retain assets. This role works with the Head of EMEA Marketing and sales teams to identify marketing initiatives and priorities.
- Marketing Strategy and Planning to accomplish business goals of responsible channel/country: Develops integrated marketing plans to raise TRP’s brand awareness and consideration and to support and position specific investment capabilities or initiatives. Given budget, resources, and analysis of the competitive landscape draws on appropriate marketing tools (content, road shows, speaking opportunities, webinars, sponsorships, PR, web) to promote and differentiate identified strategies and/or initiatives. Analyses and monitors relevant industry trends and draws on investment and market knowledge to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Manages the development and execution of investment-focused marketing campaigns: Drawing on investment and market knowledge as well as marketing and project management skills, leads the development of engaging, timely and meaningful output and integrated campaigns to support identified investment strategies and/or initiatives. Provides meaningful direction and input on positioning, themes and content. Gathers required background and perspective from country GIS relationship managers and investment professionals and provides informed direction to writing and creative teams to better leverage their time as well as directly generating content based on existing institutional/US TPD materials. Manages appropriate resources in the creation and production of output from initial idea through final, legally approved product, as well as dissemination and measurement. Output includes but is not limited to: presentation decks, sales and client collateral, videos and investment dialogues/viewpoints or other written papers.
- Manages the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns: Based on intimate knowledge of industry and competitor dynamics, develops marketing campaigns focused at audiences across EMEA. Output includes but is not limited to: direct mail and email; presentation decks and other touchpoints; sales and client collateral; and web content. Manages appropriate resources in the creation and production of output from initial idea through final, legally approved product, as well as dissemination and measurement.
- Leverages Other GIS or TRP Marketing Tools and Content: Drawing on communications with other GIS regions and the wider firm to identify elements of their marketing plans and tactics that could be leveraged in the country or region. Responsible for tailoring to adapt for country cultural and investment nuances
- Ad Hoc Projects: Supports various ad hoc marketing projects and initiatives as appropriate including cross business unit efforts. Regular communication with Head of GIS Marketing on country initiatives.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree and at least 5 years of related work experience (marketing experience in investment management industry)
- Working knowledge of TPD investment strategies and product positioning
- Investment marketing and project management related experience
- Intellectual curiosity and knowledge of current trends in the institutional marketplace
- A personal drive to impact business results
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong familiarity with investment management industry
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- An idea-generator with the ability to execute
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with a wide range of investments, relationship managers, marketing and shared services professionals
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing or communications
- Extensive experience that combines marketing, communications and investments preferably with an investment management firm
- Current MBA and/or CFA (or currently pursuing degree/designation)
- Extensive experience working in the institutional asset management field is preferred
Identifying client facing roles eligible for MIFID II Knowledge and Competence
(TRP Intl., TRP Lux SARL, and TRP Switzerland associates speaking to EU clients)
Do the job responsibilities of this role require the incumbent to provide information about financial instruments (incl. the TRP fund range) or investments services offered by TRP (incl. separately managed accounts) to clients on behalf of TRP (excl. Marketing and Reporting roles)?
Under MiFID II, the term ‘providing information’ is intended to include roles that involve in-depth conversation regarding the details involved in the products and services TRP offers. This may include Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers, for example, but exclude distributing marketing material/reporting to clients and certain other back office functions.
If the response is “yes” to the above question, the incumbent’s skills, qualifications and experience will need to be assessed against the K&C criteria to determine if (s)he meets the required level of knowledge and experience to carry out the role. Based on the review, the incumbent may be required to be formally supervised until (s)he can demonstrate that (s)he has the prescribed knowledge and competence to perform the role without supervision.