Global Transaction Banking Continental Europe (GTB CE) – Trade Asset Mobilization Responsible Associate
- Milan, Lombardia, Italy
- Permanent, Full time
- Banco Santander
- 29 Jan 18 2018-01-29
The Trade Asset Mobilization Officer role calls for a person to develop and manage the distribution, rotation and purchase of Trade assets in Continental Europe and to develop further and alternative distribution channels and sources.
Responsible to the Head of Global Transaction Banking CE.
Managing the distribution, rotation and acquisition of trade assets for the GTB CE division. The role requires the person to:
- act as the primary responsible for managing all day to day requests from sales teams for the distribution, rotation and/or acquisition of trade assets including contacting investors (in coordination with Global TAM and Institutional Sales teams), obtaining relevant risk approvals, executing documentation and managing internal expectations and timing;
- provide underwriting advice in respect of all trade assets (apart from ECA);
- coordinate the dissemination of TAM policies, procedures, new developments and product knowledge across the sales teams and CIB in CE;
- proactively manage the needs of GTB CE by anticipating requirements whether for a client, a particular transaction or a product;
- identify and develop new distribution requirements for products and assist with their implementation within CE; and
- identify and develop new and especially local distribution channels for trade assets (apart from ECA) within CE.
The person will liaise with:
- Insurance Companies (via brokers), Financial Institutions and Institutional Investors in coordination with Global TAM and Institutional Sales teams),
- the CE GTB Product Solutions Team and CIB (Corporate Investment Banking) department responsible for day to day client relationship management;
- Middle Office teams;
- Risk Management teams (for internal approvals);
- Legal department; and
- Back Office and Operations etc.
It should be noted that there is an important element of Group interaction attached to the role of the Trade Asset Mobilization Officer for CE requiring the ability to develop strong working relationships with management and colleagues throughout the Group in various countries.
Areas of Accountability:
Build and/or develop new ways to distribute assets to enable further origination. Bring new ideas in order to structure innovative asset rotation strategies and put in place a wide range of distribution solutions.
Liaise with CIB/GTB specialists in order to agree on a shared asset rotation strategy fundamental to guarantee a proactive balance sheet management thus enabling an efficient asset origination.
Face the different internal stake holders when originating a new distribution/acquisition deal, seeking risk approvals, negotiating the legal documentation and acting as fronting end of the bank with external stake holders.
In coordination with Global TAM and Institutional Sales further develop relationships with Financial Institutions and/or Financial Institutions, aiming at opening new channels to ensure a proper asset rotation activity throughout the different product lines such us Documentary Trade, Supply Chain Finance etc.
A high general level of education is required (Master of Finance or equivalent) and the successful candidate is very likely to hold qualifications in banking, finance, or economics.
Languages: Fluent English and one additional language of either French, German or Italian is highly preferred. Spanish would also represent an added value.
Ideally, candidates should have at least 2-3 years’ experience in a top Investment Bank in one of the following business area:
- Global Transaction Banking, having a solid knowledge of products such as Guarantees, Letter of Credits, Receivables Discounting, Payables Discounting, Export Finance, Commodity Finance, etc.;
- Asset sale, rotation and distribution.
This role will require:
Determination, proactivity and the ability to think out of the box and strategically.
The ability to work independently and also remotely with teams spread across Europe and with a global team base din Madrid.
Ability to organise, prioritise and multi task effectively in a busy and dynamic environment.
An imaginative, innovative and flexible approach to identify new requirements/needs and determine how to further develop the distribution and rotation capacity with a focus on certain products but also on channels and investors.
A team player with an international outlook and the ability to communicate easily across national boundaries.
The ability to react swiftly to adverse and emergency situations, to propose solutions and ensure successful outcomes.