Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. We are looking for a Data Scientist within our Analytics Solutions Center which is part of Group DataGenerali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
We are looking for a Data Scientist within our Analytics Solutions Center which is part of Group Data & Digital Innovation. The candidate will perform data analysis to extract knowledge or insight from structured or unstructured data. S/he will develop advanced statistical algorithms for analysis of large-scale, complex datasets, keep up to date with cutting-edge techniques in machine learning and big data analytics, and seek ways to advance the organization’s capabilities in analytics.
The Data Scientist will have the following accountabilities:
- Uses advanced analytics methods to extract value from business data;
- Performs large-scale experimentation and builds data-driven models to answer business questions;
- Creates hypotheses and experiments to identify hidden relationships and construct new analytics methods;
- Researches bleeding-edge techniques and tools in machine learning/deep learning/artificial intelligence;
- Determines requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms;
- Articulates a vision and roadmap for the exploitation of data as a valued corporate asset;
- Visualizes information and develops reports on results of data analysis;
- Influences product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations;
- Spreads best practices to analytics and product teams and implements new tools to make data analysis more efficient.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field;
- 0-5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experienced with statistical methodologies and tools;
- Familiar with big data technologies.
- Strong knowledge in predictive modeling methodology;
- Experienced at leveraging both structured and unstructured data sources;
- Experience using statistics and machine learning to solve complex business problems;
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies on the job;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.