Controller - Central Team - Global Corporate & Commercial
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational group that is present in more than 60 countries,
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
GC&C is the Generali Group unit that develops P&C business and insurance services for medium and large companies. The unit acts on a global scale and deploys an integrated approach at Group level with a central management team and specialized teams active in individual countries. Through GC&C, Generali aims to become a key world player in the corporate-commercial segment.
We are looking for a Controller to join the Central Unit of Global Corporate & Commercial in Milan. This organisation places significant emphasis on employee development, and the selected candidates will have extensive support from senior management in order to reach their full potential and upskill on new technologies. This is a great opportunity to work in a worldwide unit and to build up strong controlling competencies within the Insurance sector.
- Supporting the strategic plan delivery coordinating the local planning and control functions along the annual planning process and helping in the definition of hypothesis and scenarios for it
- Providing support and figures for top-down targets definition (overall, by country and LoB)
- Monitoring, periodically, pre-defined set of business/financial KPI’s from countries, thought the preparation of aggregated reports (e.g. claims, premiums, P&L)
- Analysing overall financial results, variances with targets and with market benchmarks
- Supporting definition and maintenance of cost allocation model
- Performing budget by Cost Central Functions, monitor actual expenses and processing extra budget-requests
- Being the focal point of the local Planning & Control and liaising with Group Head Office for the Corporate business
- Collaborating with all the central functions in order to design reports/dashboard in the best possible way to support their activities. Also managing the relationships with business stakeholders from different countries.
- Maintaining and improving the existing Reporting Tool (e.g. Business Objects), creating executive dashboard that shows volumes, accounting details, customer information.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of practical experience in Finance or Controlling department, possibly in financial institution (ideally insurance company), or in audit firm
- Quantitative and analytical approach
- Accounting standards basic knowledge
- Insurance business processes knowledge
- Ability in communication and presentation informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships at central team and local level
- IT/reporting tools knowledge’s
- High level Excel knowledge
- Reporting Tool experience (e.g. Business Objects)
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and passion for develop data driven solution
- Preferably Degree in quantitative discipline such as Statistics/Economics/Engineering
- Must be fluent in English, additional languages are an advantage (Italian, French, Spanish)
- Willingness to travel