Associate Sales Representative
Job Description This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for the full range of BvD products and services across a named client base, specifically the Southern Europe Government Sector including Italy, Malta, Cyprus and Greece. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with strategic guidance and product overviews.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Manage assigned existing clients
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Drive the development of business within assigned territories.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess the needs of the client by identifying specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Begin development as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate BvD responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel (approximately 20% to 40% of your time)
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with interest in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Ideally some experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on targeting and winning new clients
- Solid understanding of global financial structures, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills in English & Italian. Further fluency in French would be a benefit
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.