Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link.
At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
In order to sustain our growing business in Milan, we are looking for a talented and dedicated Asset Manager.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a lean and entrepreneurial team that provides debt and real estate advisory services to major US private equity clients.
The successful candidate will have a high degree of responsibility from day-one. The opportunity provides the possibility to work with a highly experienced work-out team, involving the best people and practices in the market, aiming to advance your career in the debt/real estate investment sector.
Within our Case Management Team, the selected candidate will be responsible for the ongoing management of borrower connections, interfacing with the client and meeting their objectives and timeframes.
The main responsibilities of the position will include the following:
- Management of specific portfolio of borrower connections, ensuring that actions are in line with all relevant LINK, client and/or Italian legislative policies in order to deliver agreed goals;
- Conduct due diligence on the loan portfolio, assist in formulating and recommending the optimal strategy for maximising loan recovery;
- Proactive management of underlying assets securing loans, ability to determine and implement optimal strategies for debt recovery and ongoing management of real estate assets in a timely fashion;
- Delivery of accurate and robust reporting and Management Information as required by Link and the client;
- Provide full support and assistance to the senior management, aiming to embrace the long-term goal of the firm in terms of track-record and reputation on the market and be recognized as a role model within the team;
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior staff.
The position holder should possess the following key attributes:
- University degree in Banking or Economics/Finance;
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience preferable within a Private Equity, BIG 4, Special Servicer, Real Estate Asset Management company;
- Previous experience in debt restructuring agreements and judicial procedures envisaged by the Italian Bankruptcy Law;
- Ability to negotiate/manage complex distressed cases (both NPL and UTP) involving multiple third parties (borrowers, advisors, lawyers, brokers);
- Due diligence experience, ability to work with limited information to form strategies regarding borrower connections, credit analysis and associated loan documentation;
- Strong financial analysis skills, with ability to review, understand and interpret audited financial accounts, management accounts and financial forecasts;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in the context of private equity environment;
- Fluent in English and Italian (any other language would be considered as an asset);
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages (with key focus on Excel) with the ability to learn quickly other relevant systems.
Only the application submitted in English will be considered.
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…