CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . ROLE SUMMARY:
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join a software development team responsible for business-critical applications.
You will be a member of the R&D team, responsible for developing the next generation of the company's products along with maintaining the existing product.
We are looking for highly energetic people who are passionate about technology and problem solving.
The team is responsible for the connectivity platform which handles all the messages and files inbound and outbound trafic. The solution addresses a strict set of non-functional requirements for throughput, on demand scale, non-compromising security and mission criticality. To achieve this we implemented a distributed, micro-services-based architecture platform on AWS mainly focuses on stream processing using akka, Kafka and Cassandra. All internal components communication is done via gRPC and REST API and the entire messages traffic is persisted in S3 and indexed in Elasticsearch for reporting and operations. All the components and services are written in scala and follow a strict, industry standard SDLC and CI/CD methodologies validated by periodic code reviews. REQUIREMENTS:
• At least 7 Years' experience with Java backend/server-side development and Experience in micro-services is Must
• Experience with at least one of this key technology: NO-SQL, Clustering, Stream Processing, Batch Processing
• Experience with Scala - Big Advantage
• Experience with Big Data - Big advantage
• Knowledge of Linux
• Basic Knowledge of computing fundamentals (Networking, Communication, Operating systems, Security, etc.)
• Development and design of highly concurrent, durable, scalable, high performance system PERSONAL QUALITIES:
• A Self learning ability - Must
• Team player
• Strong interpersonal skills