Tax Product Manager (Limerick)
Northern Trust is looking for a highly motivated professional with experience in Asset Servicing taxation to join its Tax Product Team. Based on the investment markets where Northern Trust offer custody services, the taxation functions primarily within the scope of this role are:
(i) withholding taxes on dividend and interest income
(ii) stamp duties and other transaction taxes
(iii) capital gains taxes (generally limited to those CGT regimes imposed on non-resident investors)
(iv) fund tax matters including fund tax reporting regimes
As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building diverse Talent within our organisation; encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Conducting technical analysis and research of taxation market changes affecting Northern Trust's institutional client base, determining client impact, and providing detailed analysis.
• Conducting a tax technical determination of product expansion requests and where appropriate, creating and managing taxation aspects of any new business engagement.
• Participating in tax governance meetings, highlighting areas of concern and identifying potential opportunities for service expansion.
• Working closely with internal stakeholders and external service providers to provide technical analysis of taxation and regulatory changes and impact.
• Ensuring relevant internal partners are appraised of product capabilities.
• Communicating complex tax technical matters to internal and external parties.
• Leading tax consideration discussions in client meetings, identifying product growth opportunities, supporting sales efforts where required, and providing consultative services on global tax matters. Role Requirements
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong Asset Servicing taxation knowledge or a professional tax technical background together with excellent communication skills. In summary, the successful candidate will have the following skills:
• Tax experience gained within an Asset or Financial Servicing environment or in a professional tax firm
• Strong financial/business management skills and proficiency in strategic analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interpret and analyse data.
• Experience in managing projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple competing deadlines. About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets