Senior Consultant, TL, Product Control, HFS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
Responsible for the day-to-day management of a small team in the Product Control group within Hedge Fund Services (HFS). The Product Control function within HFS is responsible for valuation, daily and monthly P&L reporting, end of month pricing substantiation and end of day positional risk reporting. Responsible for the assignment of work to the Product Control team. Conducts performance management and career development processes.
This individual will have a strong experience working within the Financial Services industry. The position involves understanding of various investment instruments like Equities, Fixed Income Products, Derivatives, Swaps, CFDs, and Repos etc. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for a small team in the Product Control group.
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Manages the daily and monthly P&L and valuation process covering various cash securities and derivative products.
- Prepares daily P&L and risk reports, as well as P&L attribution and explanation to clients.
- Engages with clients and valuation vendors to complete review of new products.
- Designs and implements process improvements to improve daily P&L and price verification process.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
Working with Us:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- Vast experience in Financial Services environment, preferably, performing processes involving P&L, price verification and risk or End to End Fund Accounting.
- Experience with Hedge Funds, Investment Management and/or Financial Services preferred
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or a quantitative discipline.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.