Senior Analyst (OTC Derivatives)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Department Overview :
The OTC Accounting department provides support to Fund Accounting teams relating to booking, reconciliation and oversight of Over the Counter products. The team's responsibilities include trade capture, trade confirmation, quality control checks and all associated reconciliations for these products.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust's commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards About the Role:
Northern Trust is currently recruiting a Senior Analysts to join our established team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'best in class' operation at the heart of our business. We are particularly interested in candidates with previous experience in Derivative Operations although we are also keen to hear from candidates who believe they have a transferable skillset. Successful candidates will receive a mix of classroom and on the job training to become operational in the role. Team Responsibilities:
• Processing and reconciliation of OTC Derivative trades for Fund Accounting
• Checking of trade confirmations versus the trade capture system
• Conducting root cause analysis into the reasons for failed trades or trades breaching tolerances
• Processing of life cycle events for OTC Derivatives
• Providing trade information to interested parties such as Fund Accountants, downstream stakeholders and counterparties
• Investigating and resolving queries and enquiries from internal and external clients
• Production of client reporting
• Performing bulk bookings and deletions for transitions in and out of NT Knowledge/Skills Required:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Understanding of the OTC Derivatives or Fund Accounting experience is beneficial
• Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
• Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Organises own workload and establishes priorities
• Highly numerate and analytical with an ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of complex OTC derivatives.
• Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
• Ability to process information accurately whilst consistently meeting external and internal deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
• Ability to represent Northern Trust to the highest professional levels both internal and externally (including clients, and regulators) Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.