Senior Analyst, Fees & Billing
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a role for a Senior Fee Analyst within an established International Finance Operations team. The successful individual will be based in Limerick and will report to a local Fees Team Leader.
The team is responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of revenue for multiple legal entities across EMEA and the Middle East. This role will include primary responsibility for a number of high profile clients. The role involves working with all areas of the Business to ensure that all fee arrangements are properly reflected in our legal books. The team has visibility and liaison with high profile clients, Client Services, Business Operations teams and Financial Control. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for timely and accurate client billing for complex clients across Northern Trust entities working to strict reporting deadlines.
• Initial set-up and ongoing maintenance of client static data, ensuring correct interpretation of documented arrangements.
• Collection of fee debtors in on a timely basis in line with agreed company and client authorised procedures including generation of payment instructions and banking entries.
• Responsible for timely completion of accruals as part of the month end close process
• Work with the New Business, Client Services, and Operations Teams to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines for assigned Clients.
• Timely communication and escalation of billing delays / issues.
• Provide cover for Team Leader in invoice pack/ payment reviews, and also support for queries as required.
• Support for the accrual upload process - input and review.
• Provide support for new hire training.
• Participate as Subject Matter Expertise in all fees related changes and projects.
• Regular liaison and development of strong relationships with Client Services and the Business.
• Responsibility for Client / Business / Finance queries ensuring timely resolution, documentation and escalation.
• Own all, including complex client queries and support other partners in driving solutions to all billing challenges.
• Ensure adherence to SOX and audit requirements. Continually improve and strengthen controls.
• Input to fee related internal & external audits.
• Continual focus on process improvement and efficiency.
• Complete ad hoc / project work as required within deadlines agreed. ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in a billing and accounts receivable function of a multinational organisation is preferable
• Experience in Fund Administration/Transfer Agency/Operations within Financial Services is an advantage.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines
• Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely basis.
• Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
• Advanced level of IT skills notably MS Excel.
• Experience in a compliance focussed environment.
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Exceptional relationship building skills
• Strong planning and organisational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong client focus.
• Ability to partner effectively with peers, management, business and overseas partners.
• Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
• Self starter with the ability to work autonomously. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.