Senior Accountant, Financial Control
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant within the Limerick Financial Control team which is responsible for completing financial control processes, report production, timely issue resolution and providing ad-hoc support as required to the EMEA regional finance teams. The team are responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, completing the month end close process and the statutory financial statements preparation for a number of EMEA legal entities.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of operations and other Finance teams to understand the business and ensure that the books and records accurately reflect the business undertaken, with adherence requirements to accounting policy, US GAAP, IFRS and Lux GAAP for the relevant legal entities. Why chose this role?
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced team and develop their experience and knowledge within a growing company. The successful candidate will work closely with other Partners and collaborate with many teams and departments within Northern Trust. Principal Responsibilities:
Skills / Experience Required:
- Responsible for daily accounting, administration and oversight to support the financial accounts production process for a number of legal entities.
- Complete the production of the monthly management accounts for a number of legal entities.
- Complete and review monthly reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies.
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results.
- Completion of annual statutory financial statements for a number of legal entities.
- Provide inputs and information to the audit process and work with the External Auditors to complete the audit process.
- Respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the Business, Finance colleagues and Head Office as they arise.
- Recommend and implement standardised process improvements identified.
- Provide technical input to systems and business process projects as required.
- Participate in group-wide finance initiatives.
About Northern Trust:
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) with a number of years post qualified experience
- Experienced background in a corporate financial control environment
- Knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements, as well as statutory and audit requirements.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Experience of US GAAP, IFRS or Lux GAAP would be an advantage.
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to work as part of a team in the region and as part of the broader EMEA Finance team.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve.
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31st ,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets