Section Manager x 2, Fund Accounting (Limerick)
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
• Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
• Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
• We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
• To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
• Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career About The Role:
Reporting to a Divisional Manager, the Section Manager is a senior managerial position responsible for a fund accounting operations team. Responsibilities include conducting the performance management process, establishing goals & objectives for the team and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of the overall NAV production process.
The teams comprise approximately up to 20 partners including Fund Accountants, Team Leaders, Consultants and Fund Accounting Operation Managers.
The successful candidate will consult with clients and partners ensuring delivery of a first class service and they will help to identify and develop process improvements, system enhancements and optimise effectiveness within the group and across the department.
The role would suit an ambitious, energetic individual with strong systems, product and process knowledge coupled with the ability to lead, motivate and engage partners. Individuals with previous experience in fund administration, operations or accounting are of particular interest for the role. This role will be of interest to candidates who wish to progress their career in a dynamic, 'best in class operation'. Principal Responsibilities
• Management of a fund accounting team, to conduct the performance management process, identification of training and development needs, recruitment and motivation of partners, and establishment of performance standards.
• Lead and guide partners, and foster an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
• Responsibility for the overall NAV production process, accuracy, and timeliness across a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters.
• Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
• Maintain unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the departments' performance with a direct focus on quality, risk mitigation, efficiencies and internal controls.
• Work as part of a wider FA Ireland team engaging with the Section Manager and Divisional Manager teams in Dublin, Limerick and Bangalore to seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the department. Skills /Experience
• The ideal candidate will have experience of managing teams, implementing development and succession plans for all levels, and will display effective communication and coaching skills.
• The ability to contribute to the overall department strategic, tactical and budget objectives and initiatives would be beneficial.
• Strong communication, presentation, leadership and motivational skills are required.
• Proven client management skills and the ability to manage a team to plan and meet client and ad-hoc deliverable deadlines required.
• Systems knowledge of InvestOne Enterprise, Vendor systems (Bloomberg, Reuters), and other fund accounting systems advantageous.
• Strong PC skills required
• Experience with instilling a strong client service culture in teams is desirable in addition to the ability to represent the business to clients via presentations etc.
• The successful candidate would display ambition, positivity, confidence, discipline, approachability, creativity and enthusiasm. About Northern Trust:
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets